Sunday, January 4, 2009

Books and Beyond!!!

OK so we all know I have an addiction.....
So I am thinking of what my reading goals for 2009 should be and I came up with a good one.
I need to get a magic little card, but then my goal will be to read books from the library.
I will of course review, and post each of them here at my book shelf!!!!
Yes, that's right, I said READ books from the library.
So the goal is to read 52 books from the library, and to only purchase one book per week. (that puts me at over 100 titles... add those to the books I have on my shelfs I have not read... and maybe we will actually save money! If I check a book from the library and borrow a book from a friend, read a book from my shelf, and then buy just one book, I will have plenty to read (4 books per week)... and still save some money!
If you have not joined in yet, please click on the link to get to My Friend Amy's Blog now. :)

6 comments:

peachykath said...

sounds like a very good idea, I'll be sure to let you borrow books when I read them and you are free to "rent" books off my shelf as long as I get them back.

Danielle (Life with the Hewitt Family) said...

This past year I have started reading books from the library to cut costs since I was reading so much. I really like going to the library. I can look online to see if they have the books I want and then reserve them so they are waiting for me when I get there. I love it that it is free!

Good Plan!

kalea_kane said...

Oh my goodness. Those are some serious goals. I am still not sure if I should leap right in or just keep reading and figure out a goal. :)

Shawna Del Real said...

If I can, I would like to recommend a book that has changed my life and I think everyone should read. It's called "The purpose driven life" by Rick Warren. This is definitely a MUST read!

j said...

We are readers here in the DBH household. My husband will not read used books though! He is a total germaphobe. Since he reads in the bathroom he is totally convinced that EVERYONE does. So my question is.... what on earth is he doing with his books in there? LOL!

Right now he is reading my Twilight series. He is starting book two. He told me tonight that if he were a vampire, I would not have to beg him to bite me. It would have been done already LOL! OK, TMI time in you comments section.

Have a great week!

Amy said...

Sounds like a good goal to me!