Friday, March 27, 2009

The Garden Project: Day 2

So yesterday, and today my darling husband spent his time removing all the weeds surrounding the flagstones. Right now he is over with his brother borrowing tools so as to start clearing space for my future garden of raised beds inspired by the Pioneer Woman. Sounds like we will be able to save money by using the wood that was left over from our wedding dance floor.
Thanks all of you for your wonderful suggesstions, I decided to go with both Veggies and flowers. I love color, and maybe we can grow some yummy things to eat too. Below are the packs of seeds that I was able to pick up at our local target and walmart. Todays project, which I should be able to do by myself is to start the seeds, so that is how I will spend my day. I am pretty sure that I can work on these pots without too much effort. (jepordizing my bedrest). The plan is to set them up, and start them in the house on my homework table. All my recent gardening knowledge and know-how was from my sissy JJ. She is pretty spectacular and doing the farm thing is her forte.






2 comments:

Debz said...

Well YAY! I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Hope your feeling well!

Piper Jacquelyn said...

Oh, I'm so jealous! Apartment "gardening" is not quite as fun. Thing, one pot with some marigolds in it or something, ha! Can't wait to see some after pics!