Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dinner 101


One of our goals for 2012 is to eat out less, which means we have to cook!
...let me make this clear, I DO NOT COOK!!!   So since I do not want my family to starve,
I have been learning to cook, well to throw stuff into a crock pot and forget it.

This has become one of our favorite go-to quick recipes which I discovered online.
My only mod is that I use Cream of Mushroom Soup.

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings


Prep Time:
10 Min
Cook Time:
6 Hrs
Ready In:
6 Hrs 10 Min




Ingredients
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1 onion, finely diced
2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
Directions

Place the chicken, butter, soup, and onion in a slow cooker, and fill with enough water to cover.
Cover, and cook for 5 to 6 hours on High. About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Mmmmmm. Looks good!!

Debz said...

Oooh baby doll you just came up with my Friday night meal plan :) I had every other day set and couldn't for the life of me come up with something for Friday.
Thanks for this - it's a GREAT idea!!

Tricia said...

Do we need to have some cooking classes? Let me know!