Friday, April 5, 2013

I am RAD!



The registration is paid- and I am committed, on May 18th I am going to run my first 5K the Color Me Rad in Santa Rosa, CA, and I am crazy nervous but also super excited!  

This is the longest that I have ever stuck with any sort of fitness plan- I have been doing the Couch to 5K training app for two weeks.... ok more like one week and two days of week two... but it still more then the last couple times I started.  Why is it sticking this time- what is different from the fifteen plus years of "I want to loose weight and get fit" mantras from before- that is easy, its the support that I am receiving from those around me.  From my co-workers clapping when I showed up for the group "jillian shred" session, and  my running partner being at my house on Saturday morning with bribes of coffee after our long run to the pep talks from my personal trainer aka (my high school BFF) no really I have a personal trainer on speed dial- so what is  my excuse right???

The goals are different this time, of course I still want to be a "hot sexy mama", but this time I want to be fit so that I can keep up with my little man with a soccer ball, I want to join my husband on his annual twenty mile hikes and I want to live my life in a different way!

There is something so special with my little person wanting to run my intervals with me... when it says to walk and he keeps on running- oh to have the energy to keep up with him.

...today my husband told me he was proud- my flippant response was "yeah I did two weeks... lets see if it sticks"... his response "it's the best you have done yet and you are doing great"...this was after he and friends lugged a treadmill upstairs for me so I can run in the rain.

... Disney has a song When you wish upon a star all your dreams come true- so along with wanting to run the Tinkerbell in 2014, I am making a wish that this becomes more then just one race- I am wishing this becomes a healthier lifestyle!

No comments: