Friday, April 26, 2013

...when there's a smile in your heart

          ...there's no better time to start




 We are now going into month five of "operation- get off your butt and get into shape".   I know that I have to be loosing weight as my pants are getting too big- the size 14's are able to fall off without being unsnapped and in September they were tight and uncomfortable... so at least I know there has been progress!  

My ultimate goal is to run a half marathon sub 2hours and to get into a size 8 jeans!

I can not tell you the why exactly, but for some reason I have this intense desire to be a runner.  I am sure part of it has to do with the recent trend of runDisney enthusiasts popping up among the people I follow on Facebook   I am sure part of it is that its one of the less expensive ways to get healthy. What I do know that I am really loving the freedom of lacing out a pair of tennis shoes popping in my ear buds and hitting the pavement.

In 2010 as a milestone of my 30th Birthday I chose to participate in the Avenue Of the Giants Half Marathon in Humboldt California, my finishing time for this race was 3:49:39 which broke down to a 17:31min/mile.
This was by far one of the most challenging and also rewarding experiences of that year!  Of course let us not discount that my son was born six months before my race.   At the time I was quite happy with both the race as well as my time as my only goal was to finish without being swept*. 

Fast forward and now here we are in 2013 and I want to fly!  More specifically I want to participate and complete the runDisney Tinkerbell Half Marathon at Disneyland in January.   Now to take it one step further I want to complete the Tinkerbell Half is sub 3hours and to finish strong enough that if I had to I could keep running.  

I have decided to start blogging again as a way of sharing the journey over the next nine months, here I will share with you what works and what does not... 

ready to fly with me?

xxo,
QQ

*race speak for being picked up by the pacers and transported to the finish line for being too slow


No comments: